Exploring Life: On the Frontiers of Experience is a gathering place for creative people interested pursuing the ideal of living a creative life. Our work assumes that creativity is essential to personal growth, living a life worth living, and cultivating wellbeing in the world..
The underlying ground of a creative life is exploration and the willingness to step on to unfamiliar terrain, find meaning inside the unknown, and then share those discoveries with others in a compelling way. This is the foundation of creative self-expression.
Creativity thrives on the frontiers of experience. A frontier of experience is the uniquely personal terrain leading from the known and the unknown, stability to transformation, and from complacency to inspiration. Every individual life is permeated with novelty, uncertainty, and potential that culminates in a unique life course. We believe that creativity is the best way to navigate the challenges, hardships, and uncertainties of life.
The writing style used throughout Exploring Life is varied, sometimes leaning toward the poetic and other times the expository. Poems are written to capture the creative essence of a crucial dynamic in the space of a few short words. Poetic prose is used to give an idea more space and time to reveal itself. Visual notes are used to expose the brainstorming and development behind an idea. And at other times, expository writing is used to describe basic ideas with brevity and clarity.
Exploring Life is a journey into the art of living. It is an adventure into the qualities, potential, and wonder of deep creativity. This site focuses on creative self-expression as a means to find our way in the world. We believe that creativity is an important way to cultivate physical, mental, and spiritual wellbeing for self and others at the same time. Creativity, is fundamental to living a fulfilling life.
- Explore Articles: A table of contents organizes the articles into sub-topics for ease of access. If the comments are still open, feel free to offer your thoughts.
- Subscribe: If you find articles that resonate with your interests, you can subscribe to the Exploring Life Monthly Newsletter (ELN).
- Contact Me: I am always interested in connecting with like-minded people sharing a passion for creative self-expression.
- The Author: This site is a creative work of Brian Alger.
- Administrative Items: Not creative, but necessary: