Welcome to Exploring Life
Welcome. My name is Brian. Exploring Life is a creative space I use to share my creative work. You will find ideas important to me expressed through creative writing, poetry, and personal essays. My hope is that Exploring Life becomes a gathering place for creative people interested in sharing and exchanging ideas.
A frontier is an uncertain and ambiguous space between the known and the unknown. To venture into the frontiers of experience is to undertake an often difficult and challenging journey of personal change and transformation. I inhabit this space because it conjures discomfort and demands creative work to find a way.
This site is a creative work. My intention is to explore the raw edges of life in creative ways. In the end, personal experience is all we can lay claim to. It is the essential raw material for deep creative work. My work presumes that creativity is an ideal way to navigate the frontiers of our unique life experiences.
- Passing ByYou could see him in the distance. A familiar person dressed for warmth on a cold winter’s day. READ MORE
- On WakingThere is a moment upon waking when the nocturnal tides begin to recede, but you do not recognize READ MORE
- Continue OnSometimes, when you lose your way, you become disappointed in yourself. Your plans, even the ones forged in READ MORE
- There is a Mystery Moving Through YouAging is the experience of time moving through you. You cannot control, deny, or evade it. The experience READ MORE
- On Enduring Difficult SituationsSometimesYou will find yourself in difficult situations,That linger, frustrate, and refuse to relent.As your anxiety intensifiesRumination, frustration, and READ MORE
- There Is No Way BackYou hear about reconnecting with the world. You try to find your way back. But there is no READ MORE